.post img{ border: 1px solid #000000; padding: 1px; }

Monday, October 1, 2018

New to Learning Technologies

Makers Lab 3D Printer working hard making a 3D print using polylactic acid filament.
Makers Lab - 3D Printer


Good Morning, my name is Selayoa Lovett and I started my first day in Learning Technologies on August 27th, 2018 as an Instructional Designer. My first month in Learning Technologies has been everything but slow and boring.  Within the first week, I assisted with training material for Jumpstart Design and Delivery, met with numerous faculty, and started my training on making documents accessible per Section 508 refresh.  By the next week, I had embarked on my journey in becoming Quality Matters Certified; within two weeks, I had completed the Applying the QM Rubric class and was enrolled in the next part starting October 9th, Becoming a Peer Reviewer. On top of completing the first part of Quality Matters, I also met with 6 new faculty, assisted with 3 class tours, started my Makerbot Certification, made my first 3D printed Corky, assisted a faculty with Kahoots (free online game quiz), discussed possibilities with a graduate student on a research project, attended a few embedded session with co-worker Anna Catterson, recorded Dr. Joyce Thierer performing at Constitution Day with 3D cameras, took on my first huge project with one of our new faculty, Melissa Gerleman, to make her classes interactive and engaging, helped another faculty with a video for a nonprofit organization they volunteer with, held a breakout box activities for the McNair Grant, attended my first conference, met with numerous other faculty on topics like Canvas, Panapto, Kaltura, and Zoom, and advised our Information Technology administrative team with their budgeting tool (which is the fields I came from before I moved to Learning Technologies) just to name a few things I did this month.  So on a whole, I think this first month could not have gone any better. But I would say, it is a good thing I love being busy! I look forward to the next month and what it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment